The Documents Related to Payment Businesses Need to Keep.

【Koshida Accounting Firm Column Date:



Hello, my name is Taisei Koshida, and I am a certified public accountant and tax accountant.


I aim to assist non-Japanese business owners who need help with reading or writing in Japanese. If you find the Japanese tax return system challenging, I can help you with your tax filings.


If it is unclear what documents related to payment to prepare for tax audits in Japan, the following blog will be helpful for you.

When Paying in Cash

It would be best if you kept receipts.


When Paying Via Bank Accounts

It would be best if you kept invoices.


When Paying Via Credit Cards

It would be best if you kept receipts. If your business is subject to consumption tax, those deductive consumption taxes may only be allowed if you save receipts. Monthly credit card statements are not issued by receivers, so they aren’t considered receipts.



Our accounting and tax office has been actively assisting foreign business owners in Japan with accounting and tax matters. Also, not only in the tax and accounting field, our office can support your business in Japan in the fields of visa, registration, social insurance, and law by networking with specialists. Plus, we have networked with specialists in web marketing, building websites, and business consulting suitable for Japanese customers. All services are provided in English. Please feel free to reach out to us through the inquiry form.